You will need to apply for your provisional driving licence. The current fee for a provisional driving licence is £34 and can be applied for in two ways;
The easiest way is to apply online. By visiting the official gov.uk website, you can apply for your licence providing you are:
- Residential to Great Britain.
- No younger than 3 months before your 17th birthday.
- Can meet the minimum eyesight requirement.
- Currently not prevented from driving due to a conviction or health.
- Able to pay £34.00 by MasterCard, Visa, Electron or Delta debit or credit card.
- Hold a valid form of identification, for example a UK passport.
- Able to produce evidence of residence for the previous 3 years.
Obtainable from most Post Offices, application form D1 and a photo card application form D750 should be completed and sent up to 3 months before your 17th birthday to: DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AD.
Once you have received your provisional driving licence, you are able to start learning to drive.