You will need to apply for your provisional driving licence. The current fee for a provisional driving licence is £34 and can be applied for in two ways;
The easiest way is to apply online. By visiting the official gov.uk website, you can apply for your licence providing you are:
- Residential to Great Britain.
- No younger than 3 months before your 17th birthday.
- Can meet the minimum eyesight requirement.
- Currently not prevented from driving due to a conviction or health.
- Able to pay £34.00 by MasterCard, Visa, Electron or Delta debit or credit card.
- Hold a valid form of identification, for example a UK passport.
- Able to produce evidence of residence for the previous 3 years.
Obtainable from most Post Offices, application form D1 and a photo card application form D750 should be completed and sent up to 3 months before your 17th birthday to: DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AD.
Once you have received your provisional driving licence, you are able to start learning to drive.
As soon as you have your provisional driving license, get in touch to book your first lesson.